Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chocolate Mint Pudding

This is similar to the raw young coconut pudding idea I suggested in Feeding the Finicky Toddler. However, I made this one all for me (and little Messy Mouse, who decided it was awesome). I used fresh mint to imitate the flavor of a cheesecake I had once at Cafe Gratitude. My husband didn't like the herbal flavor of fresh mint, but I loved it.

If you've never had a young coconut, pick one up at an Asian market and break it open! Inside, you'll find a surprising amount of coconut water (mine tonight had 1 1/2 cups) and a jelly-like meat. My first exposure to young coconuts was at a cultural festival, where the Thai booth served ice-cold young coconuts with nothing but a straw to drink the water and a spoon to scoop out the meat.


Chocolate Mint Pudding

Jelly from a young coconut (about 3/4 cup. Reserve the coconut water for drinking or for another recipe)
1 oz semisweet chocolate, melted
4 fresh mint leaves
Sweetener of choice, to taste

Put the jelly, chocolate, and mint in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping the sides as needed. Stir in sweetener to taste and enjoy!

Serves one mommy and one silly tiny toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment