Monday, January 7, 2013

Miso Soup with Avocado and Scallion

I started making this easy soup when I had work done on my mouth and couldn't chew well for a while. I didn't have time to make dashi so I used regular vegetable broth. The avocado turns a basic broth into a surprisingly filling comfort food.


Miso Soup with Avocado and Scallion

(one serving)
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or 1/2 of a low-sodium vegetable bouillon cube in 1 1/2 cups water)
1 Tbsp white miso
1/2 avocado, diced
1 scallion, sliced thin

Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in miso until dissolved. Pour the miso and broth into a soup bowl and stir in avocado and scallion.

That's it! Slurp it from the bowl Japanese-style or go Western and use a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment