Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Curried Cheeze Sauce

There are four nutritional yeast aficionados in my house. I put it on popcorn, pasta, vegetables, and whatever else might need a cheese-like zing. Tonight was a quick and easy dinner night since I didn't feel like cooking after running errands with the kids all day. I love broccoli and cauliflower with either curry or cheezy sauce, so I combined the two and made curried cheezy sauce.

Curried Cheeze Sauce over steamed cauliflower and broccoli and vegan pigs in blankets (I sprinkled Daiya cheese on the crescent rolls before rolling them over the veggie dogs).
Curried Cheesy Sauce

1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond)
2 Tbsp olive oil
dash of cumin
dash of paprika
salt to taste

Stir the dry ingredients together in a saucepan. Whisk in the non-dairy milk and olive oil. Heat sauce over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick, smooth, and a little gooey. Salt to taste and spoon over anything you want - vegetables, tofu, baked potatoes, pasta, whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment